Your shoulders are often the most overlooked part of the body. This is until you experience a shoulder injury limiting your ability to lift your arm or get something out of the fridge. This calls for immediate help. Upper Extremity Specialists is at your service for all types of shoulder injuries in La Jolla. Kristopher Downing, MD, and Daniel Brereton, DO lead a team of synergy orthopedic specialists. They diagnose shoulder injuries and offer customized and innovative treatment plans to remedy your shoulder injuries and let you get back to your daily routine.
Examples of Common Shoulder Injuries
The most mobile joints in your body are the shoulders. They rely on a complex network of tendon, bone, and muscle to enable a variety of motions, making them vulnerable to injuries. Shoulder problems include:
- Rotator cuff tears
Many shoulder injuries are caused by repetitive motions that accelerate the wear and tear on your shoulder. However, you may experience traumatic shoulder injury while playing a sport or during a road accident. Athletes such as tennis players, baseball players, weightlifters, and swimmers are often more exposed to shoulder injuries.
How Can I Detect a Shoulder Injury?
Most shoulder injuries mature slowly over time. You may not notice shoulder injury until you feel shoulder pain or experience restriction in motion. Other times you may feel your shoulder is loose or like the top of your upper arm bone might pop out of its socket. Other indicators of shoulder injury include a tingling sensation in your hands and stiffness.
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
You will find a team of Synergy Orthopedic Specialists Medical Group that provides comprehensive shoulder services. They offer non-surgical treatments for shoulder problems, such as:
- Anti-inflammatory injections
- Reparative orthopedics
- Immobilization and compression
- Shoulder instability procedures
- Bone-preserving shoulder arthroplasty
- Full and partial shoulder replacement
The qualified panel stands out among other orthopedic surgeons because they offer top-notch shoulder replacement procedures and capsular reconstruction.
Physical therapy is also an essential part of orthopedic shoulder treatments. It protects both your strength and flexibility during the procedure and after. The team of physicians is committed to make your recovery a quick and safe exercise so you can resume your daily activities.
Other Services Offered
You can be assured to enjoy a wide range of services at Upper Extremity Specialists, including:
- Elbow injuries- if you experience persistent elbow pain longer than two days, it may be a sign of an elbow injury.
- Wrist injuries-they also treat a wide variety of wrist injuries caused by traumatic injuries such as fractures and nerve problems like carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Hand injuries-if you have a hand injury, you will get specialized hand treatments from the qualified orthopedic doctors ideal for the delicate structures of the hand.
- Trauma-this is a significant cause of orthopedic problems and injuries. They offer expert diagnosis and treatments for trauma such as tendon tears and fractures.
- Non-operative orthopedics-the panel offers a broad range of non-surgical orthopedic therapies to heal your body.
If you experience shoulder injury or any other painful condition, call or book an appointment with Upper Extremity Specialists of Synergy Orthopedic Specialists Medical Group for professional treatment.