Unfortunately, workplace injuries are rather common in Arizona. Some injuries are related to a specific accident, while others may be a result of repetitive motion. If you have been injured at work, you should claim the benefits and ask for compensation under workers’ compensation laws. In this post, we are sharing the steps that must be followed.
- Get medical help. Even when the injuries don’t seem that bad, seek medical assistance right after the injury. Ensure that you select a doctor of your liking and preference, and that’s a matter of choice. In other words, you don’t have to go to a doctor recommended by the insurance company or employer.
- Report the incident. Your employer needs to know of your injuries as soon as possible. Make sure that the incident is reported, no matter how small. Also, note the response of the management to the accident.
- Contact a lawyer. Hiring a Tucson workers compensation attorney is a matter of choice, but you need one for sure. Keep in mind that insurance companies would want you to settle for the lowest possible compensation as possible, and unless your attorney takes up things, you are likely to get less than what you deserve.
- Know your options. Talk to your attorney in depth to know what your workers’ compensation claim is worth. From medical bills, physical injuries, mental suffering, to trauma, loss of work, and future life, every aspect will have an influence on the compensation, and your attorney will help you decide the basics.
- Allow your attorney to take over. Besides helping you with the claim, your attorney will also negotiate with the insurer, and if needed, they may even decide to file a lawsuit against the employer and other parties that are involved.
Check for the best-rated workers’ compensation attorneys in Tucson now!